Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: mixing rules

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Casebook 7.3.5F
This is also a dropped third strike situation. However, this time the pitch has bounced off the catcher's mitt and into the air. (Until the ball hits the ground, this still meets the definition of a foul tip.)
The ball wasn't batted, so it can't be a "foul tip".

It's all starting to run together... what were we talking about? Must be the drugs. What drugs? Who's giving me drugs?

As usual Bob, you are correct. Duh! 7.3.5F was never a foul tip... it is just not yet a completed catch... don't know what I was thinking.

Sunshine and warm weather here today after several weeks of cold and wind and rain and snow and cancelations... Weather today is just right for a double header. I'm working with a rookie today... he is a highly experienced D1 Basketball official but this year he has decided to do a little baseball umpiring - he used to coach HS Varsity baseball so he understands the game and I'm expecting it will go well.