Thread: dang, it's back
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 11:31am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

1)put something between your big toe and the next one. Something like a chunk of rolled up tissue, or a firm piece of soft foam such as from a nerf ball.

2) concentrate on your stride in these ways: a) keep your toes curled down, rather than flexing them, and b) try to land on your whole foot rather than the heel alone.

3) ice between games, if possible. if you've taped, you don't need any fabric between the ice and your skin. the tape is enough.

4) call your PCP and find out the maximum amount of ibuprofen that you can take in one day, and for how many days and then use it!

5)taping helps if you do it right. Take plenty with you so you can re-do it if necessary. do a figure 8 starting at the outside ankle, then to the bottom of the foot going toward the toes, then up around the arch, over the top of the arch, under the ball of the foot, up just below the big toe, back toward the leg over the arch and meeting the first end of the tape below the ankle. Do the first figure 8 as directed, and then do another one that will be smaller and "inside" the first one. You can't use pre-wrap with this taping or it negates the effect. my podiatrist sells something called Elastoplast which I use and it's fantastic, but if you can't find it, just use regular athletic tape 2" wide if you can find it. Stuff that's called Corban or its knock-offs isn't firm enough.
Thank you Nurse Juulie. BTW - where do I sign up for a sponge bath?