View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

I have found that the parents at the younger levels are the worst. I believe it is because their kids are just getting into these competitive situations and some parents are attempting to relive the "glory days" through their kids. As the kids grow up, so to do the parents, for the most part.

I also saw a similar situation a few weeks ago, Tex.

Jr. College tournament, F3 playing in took a line drive right in the face. Knocked her out, paramedics called, player taken to the hospital. This was a team from quite a distance away and they were staying in town for the week after the tournament to get some games in with a few of the local teams. I was assigned one of those later games. I did not know it at the time, but the game I was assigned was between the local team that was playing the visiting team when the player was hurt in the tournament.

When I called for the coaches to hold the pre-game conference for the game I was working, players from the local team brought out a nice balloon bouquet and a small gift for the player that was hurt, she had rejoined her team, but was not playing. She had a serious black eye, but said that there was no other major damage. It was just nice to see that level of sportmanship and concern for others.