Thread: Shoes
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AtlUmpSteve
Quote:
Originally posted by JEL
Oh yeah, softball; tournament draw meeting as UIC Monday, 2 games NJCAA Tuesday, 2 games NAIA Wednesday, Thursday off (so far), ASA Tournament (working UIC) Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Steve, Who is your NAIA Wednesday? DD plays in Montgomery, you travel that far? [/B]
I did Faulkner last week at Brenau. Yeah, our group does all that conference; Faulkner, only the conference games. I am guessing that Rachel is your daughter (hometown, and last initial); she DH'd both games, hit the ball well, considering how bandaged her hand is. Unfortunately, I have two weaker teams Wednesday, Southern Wesleyan at Emmanuel. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you got the right name, but she wasn't DH'ing. I'm not sure who had the bad hand though, could have been the "other Rachel". My Rachel is a walk-on as a senior, (actually made team as a junior but backed out), so she doesn't get much playing time, other than a pinch hit/run now and then. She would have been the "warm-up catcher" if one ever came out.

I don't get to see many of the games, always working somewhere, but what I have seen have all been well officiated. I just wondered if you, or Rickie, or Dennis travel that far. This wednesday, Faulkner will play Brewton Parker. I have to go to that one if possible. One of the BP players and Rachel have played against each other since rec ball! This should be their last meeting! Where has the time gone?