Thread: Gorilla Stance
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Well ....

Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
so give me an avenue to call it, do I copy the website interp and carry them with me? Since it is not in the book and was not covered in our state rules intrep, was not on our state rules meeting annoucements, is not in the baseball guide 2005 published by the NFHS, coaches in our state are not aware of it.

Don't get me wrong, I have no hestitation in applying the rules, but if NFHS wants us to call this don't we need to deseminate the information first? Are all coaches in our state going to check the website? More importantly, does NFHS expect all coaches to do this??
If this was not covered at your state rules meeting, you may be in the same boat as a couple other states, where the state guy has his own view of what the rules mean, or don't. Consequently, your mileage may, perforce, vary.

The actual Rule is already in the Book, as is the penalty. The NFHS 'net sitch only makes a point of added emphasis on this particular application and set of facts.

I'd check with the top rules dude in your local group: if that person has never heard of the "gorrilla" balk, I'd contact your official state rules maven. There is usually some guy somewhere in the state who actually has the job of officially responding to thorny FED problems and TWPs. He'll either tell you to call it, or that your state is in rebellion from the Republic of FEDLandia, and you guys ain't calling that rule interp.

What the coaches know or think about it; nobody but the coaches cares about.