Thread: Shot clock
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by socalreff
Double fouls go to the arrow not the offense(as in NCAA) hence there is a reset always. Foul's a foul in CA Federation.
FLAT OUT WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Would you like to bet on this?

PS I'm just sticking up for Chuck because I was taught to always stand up for the little guy.

[Edited by Nevadaref on Apr 9th, 2005 at 03:45 AM] [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure why not. What are the stakes?

P. 47 of instructors manual.(Quoting the eminent Dr. White) "Any time there is a floor violation or a personal or technical foul, the shot clock is to be reset..."
What do I win? [/B][/QUOTE]

Now please turn to page 26 of the 2004-2005 CBOA membership handbook. There you will find the following:

J. ALTERNATING-POSSESSION (AP) SITUATIONS
Boys and Girls:
When there is time remaining on the shot clock, during team control, the shot clock will not be reset when a defensive player causes a held ball or when other jump ball situations occur and the possession arrow favors the offensive team.
Examples are:
1. Team B player caused a held ball
2. The ball went out-of-bounds simultaneously touched by opponents
3. The ball went out-of-bounds and the officials don't know who last touched the ball (or disagree).
4. When a double foul occurs

Item four is new. It does not appear in the 2003-2004 or prior versions of the handbook. I checked going back to 2001.

Please be aware that the people on this forum are extremely well-versed in the rules. If you are going to come on here and make a definitive statement about something, then you had better be right. If not, someone else will have the correct information.

Now since you are new to the forum the stakes are small. You only have to face East and bow three times while saying, "I have learned something from a non-California official."