Thread: College Protest
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 09, 2005, 06:32am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for calling me an idiot Garth. That's the last bastion of someone who has obviously lost an argument and has no retort other than, "Your an ________" (insert derogatory phrase here)

Maybe you don't agree with the phrase, "changing rules for the sake of changing rules" and want to call this a myth. You may be right, I call it changing rules for the sake of changing rules when it really should be changing rules with no obvious legitimate purpose or pi$$ poor, illogical reasons. I thought you could grasp that subtlety. My bad.

I thought I listed some rules in my last post. Care to comment on those?

And I thought that someone who is so highly educated could tell the difference between intelligent discourse and "whining and harping". I gave clear reasons why I think that rules other than for
1)increased participation/substitution
2)force play slide
3)malicious contact
4)equipment specifications
are generally made for poor reasons. I explained why listening to coaches on rule changes is not advisable. I even explained in a clear manner why I am not "whining and harping" but intelligently disagree-ing with the certain FED rules.

You however have yet to really give me good reasons for anything. Instead you call me names, accuse me of whining and speak French.

Huuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GarthB
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaliix
Garth,

You just made my point for me. The constant, silly, changing rules for the sake of changing rules is done because coaches are behind it. That explains the new idiotic non-balk.

Okay, if you're going to keep repeating this myth, provide examples. List some constant changine rules that were changed for the sake of change.

Any idiot can give a reason

I'll have to concede this point. Your posts have been proof of that.

Officials in other sports may not have this problem because they may make fewer stupid rules that differ from.

There are as many, if not more, changes to the NFL rules in FED Football. Some are even more "game changing". FED has not communicated the reasons in any greater detail than they do in baseball. Football officials, for whatever reason, don't seem to enjoy whining and harping as much as baseball umpires.

Oh, and I don't speak french, so I ignored that part. It was probably the opinion "of the day" anyways. ;-)

C'est dommage. Comme Benjamin Franklin dit une fois, "toutes les personnes ont deux langues, leurs propres et le français."
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates