Thread: College Protest
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 08, 2005, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Garth,
Fine, your trying to "explain" to me the coacher submit rule changes. That still doesn't change the fact that coaches are the last people anyone in FED should be listening to in regards to rule changes.

You just made my point for me. The constant, silly, changing rules for the sake of changing rules is done because coaches are behind it. That explains the new idiotic non-balk.

If they do have reasons for changes, unless they fall under the categories I listed earlier, the reasons are likely poor. Any idiot can give a reason, it doesn't make it a logical or good reason though does it.

And for the record, I call the FED rules the way the want them called, however stupid they may be. But that doesn't mean that I can't or shouldn't point out the stupidity of the 2 base lodged ball rule or the non-balk shoulder turn rule or the two tone pitchers glove rule. They are poorly thought out rules that shouldn't be there. They are so I call them, but they are still idiotic.

Officials in other sports may not have this problem because they may make fewer stupid rules that differ from pro rules. Or maybe other officials are not bright enough to recognize dumba$$ rules when they see them or just don't want to rock the boat. Whatever the reason, I don't care. What matters is that for baseball, FED has come up with some unnecessary and dare I say, nonsensical changes to OBR that seem to made for the sake of making changes. IMHO.

Oh, and I don't speak french, so I ignored that part. It was probably the opinion "of the day" anyways. ;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaliix
Garth,
I really can't believe you wrote that. Your trying to sell me on the FED differences from OBR by telling me that they are COACH DRIVEN! ROTFLMAO!!!

Coaches are the last freakin people that should anything to do with making up rules. They don't seem to understand a good many of them, have another set just flat wrong and are totally unaware that some exist. No wonder why there are so many different FED rules.

And honestly, I don't care what other sports do. It's not relevant. Do their summer leagues use NBA rules? Has the NBA been around for a century? The summer leagues around here use OBR with the exception of substitution/reentry, FPSR and malicious contact. And it all works out fine.

FED comes out with the rules dujour every year. There is no reason to do that. The rules are, for the most part, fine. A slight tweak here or there but other than that, leave 'em alone and play ball.

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaliix
This seems to be one of those, "There is no reason for FED to be different than OBR" rules.

Making changes for the sake of making changes...

1. Fed rule changes are "coach driven." They are not created by bureaucrats sitting around a table deciding what to do with the next two hours before quitting time. Just because you do not see a reason for a rule does not mean one did not exist. Reasons for changes must be submitted with the request for the change.

2. Which rules do the youth football and basketball teams use in your area? No doubt, unless you're in Texas, FED. We never hear this anti-FED mantra in those sports. Why all the whining in baseball?
I'll type slowly in hopes that you can better follow this. Go ahead and move your lips while you read if you need to.

1. I never attempted to "sell" you anything. I merely explained how rules changes were proposed and stated that reasons for the change were submitted with the proposal.

2. Again, just because you may disagree with a rule does not mean it was accepted without reason.

3. Since you seem to understand French: Cessez d'être un bébé. Si vous n'aimez pas le FED, ne travaillez pas avec eux. Votre pleurnicherie est devenue fatiguante. Travaillez vous pour la Little League. Ils ne changeraient jamais des règles pour leur propre avantage.

4. It IS relevant that officials in other sports can work with FED without b!itching or getting their panties all knotted up. It is very revealing that baseball umpires for some reason cannot act as professionally and work within the structure their client asks them to work without constantly complaining.

When you change jobs, do you insist on working at the new company under the same policies that existed at the old company? I work for several employers at the same time. I would never think to complain that they each have different policies.

[Edited by GarthB on Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:11 PM]
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates