View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 06, 2005, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra

Context is they key, and it was clear.

Ref18 was talking about a SINGLE partner in a two whistle crew.

Almost Always Right ranted about staying in your primary giving a specific example of a THREE WHISTLE CREW.

I pointed out how we were talking about lower level games with new officials and THREE OFFICIALS had nothing to do with the question.

I'll make it simple for you. If you are working 3 whistle you have TWO PARTNERS, if you are working 2 whistle you have ONE PARTNER.The single partner is constant, the person that is that partner is not.
I realize that you seemed to have issues, so I will stand by what I said. You are assuming a lot. Yes, young officials in my area work 3 person more than they probably do in your area. I guess it just depends on what you consider young? Staying in your primary has very similar philosophies with both 2 person and 3 person. I know officials that are even more fanatical about staying in your area in a 2 person crew than they ever are about working 3 person. In order to be a good 3 person official, you have to have a good understanding of 2 person mechanics.

I am sorry that this is such a hot topic for you. It really is not that big of a deal.

Peace
You completely misunderstood a very simple thing and I'm the one with issues?

Also Mr.Comprehension, since you seem hug up on EXACT language, care to show me where I said young officials?

I said brand new officials and youth leagues. An official can be YOUNG and experienced or OLD and a new official.

[Edited by blindzebra on Apr 6th, 2005 at 04:08 PM]