View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

We finally got the season rolling here in PA about 2 weeks ago.The "loonie tunes" parent/fan during a Varsity HS made me laugh to myself as she made an a## out of her self today.I was on the bases and we had an infield pop up between the pitching circle and the first base foul line.It hit in fair territory and without being touched,rolled across the foul line between home and first base and was touched by F2 in foul territory.My partner correctly signaled foul ball and this lady sitting down the third base line went crazy."That is the worst call I ever saw,I could see it landed fair all the way over here." The more she ranted,the more ridiculous she sounded."Everyone knows that the rules say that ball is fair,what is a matter with these umpires" The first base coach just looked at me embarrassed for her and just shrugged his shoulders and smiled.I think someone sitting with her finally corrected her,because we didnt hear a peep from her the rest of the way.You have got to love the knowledgeable fan!
Jeff
NCAA Umpire
NFHS Umpire
ASA Umpire