View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jason181988
I have ordered and received all my equipment and uniforms for umpiring (live in IL, so not alot of games to do below H.S. baseball yet), and I like everything and the way it fits except for the Wilson-Davis chest protector. It fits nice, but its awfully bulky at the shoulders (and I am sure it offers great protection), but I prefer something not as bulky but something that has good protection. I look like a football player in it. Can anyone suggest a protector (not the west vest, it's overkill for the games I do {pony league, little league, AABC, etc.}) that is not bulky and fits almost unnoticably under my shirt?? Thanks for your help.
I use a WV Platinum and I'm a big guy (overweight). I don't care how it looks because when I get a foul ball tothe chest, I don't feel a thing!

Here's some advice jason181988, I took a foul ball to the chest 2 years ago. I went down like a stone with more pain than I had during my first heart attack. I suffered an arythmia from the hit that I took and spent the weekend in the hospital. Use equipment that protects you and don't care what it looks like. You may underestimate your players, this was a 14U game that I got hurt in.

When I got home from the hospital, the first call was to Gerry Davis Sports and I purchased the WV Platinum. Best investment I've made in 20 years of umpiring.