View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 10, 2001, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Chris,

Every coin has two sides.

As I don't know you I'll speak of someone I do know, now this person may not be the same as you but if the shoes fits.

At 18 he was full of piss and vinegar, Nobody knew more than he did and he was ready to conquer the world. And he could do it all by himself. There wasn't a job he wasn't able to do including president of General Motors.

Point being at 18 what he thought he knew and what he thought he was capable of doing was not what the real world would allow.

Now then when this person I'm speaking of couldn't get what he wanted in the period of time in which he felt he should receive it, he would look for greener pasture. AKA cutting and running.

To cut and run did nothing more but to add to his frustrations. Then someone pulled him aside one day and said. "You remind me of a young child that sits in front of the fire place and says give me heat. The fire's going but it's still too cold. You're all set for heat but you haven't done the one thing that will give you heat. So your gonna set there and be cold or move to another room."

Chris you want advice. You say you love the game. Then spend the bucks; take 5 weeks out of your life, Drive to FLA. In January and go to pro school.

Put a log on the fire.

rex