Thread: Advice, please
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Thanks everyone, for your comments.

I want to try and clarify a few things. First of all, this coach became more agitated with each pitch, but he didn't comment, until about the fifth one. The first signs of his agitation were audible groans as these pitches crossed the plate.

I dumped him after he was in my face, yelling changes at me. I feel I gave him plenty of opportunities to back down before tossing him.

I realize now I may have been too quick-triggered in calling the game, but the way it all happened here was that I tossed him, turned and made a note of the inning, and was preparing to resume the game after he left the field. It took me a minute to get settled, and as I turned back (he had been yelling to this point) he was on his way out to my partner. My partner turrned him back, and as he walked back toward the dugout, he began yelling at me that he never wanted to see me again. I gave him (in my estimation) plenty of time to leave the field, and then when he didn't , and continued yelling what I perceived as threats to me, I made the decision to call the game.

As to what happened last night, I had no way of knowing he would be there, didn't look for him if I had, and I have just as much right to be there as he does.

Again, thanks for all the help, and I have learned a lot in the last day or so. I will work to slow down on pulling the trigger on something like that.

Oh, and yes, I have prepared my report and will drop it in the mail on the way to my games this morning.