Thread: Advice, please
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Man,

What we have here is two people making grevious errors.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER make ultimatums at the pre-game conference. You set yourself up to lose from that point on.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER allow any coach to question 6 (SIX) pitches in a game, much yet A ROW.

The three step process (with a fourth if necessary):

Step 1:

Probably after the SECOND comment from the bench I would, with hands on hips, stare into the dugout area (mask on). i would not flinch I would just continue to stare.

Step 2:

If there is a comment after the third (which would be the next pitch) I would take off my mask and walk two steps towards the dugout area. Still saying nothing. This usually brings things to a boil.

Step 3:

If there is a comment after the NEXT (fourth) pitch I would take off my mask and walk directly to the dugout and saying in no uncertain terms that the comments will stop immediately. (If the last step did not elevate the issue this will). I will try to end the issue at this time.

Terminal Step:

If there is another comment of any kind at any time about balls/strikes after this I would dump SOMEONE.

The problem is I have never heard, in the thousands of games I have been in, a PU get six comments in a row.

In addition, taking a game to forfeit is an EXTREME issue. It would seriously damage your career in some areas.

You were waaaay too fast in calling the game . . . of course none of us were there and you were.

[Edited by Tim C on Apr 2nd, 2005 at 09:30 AM]