Thread: Advice, please
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

First of all, I agree, it is not necessary to put people on the offensive in the pre-game conference by implying that they are going to question your calls. To me that shows insecurity on your part however, you did say you were new at this, so take this and what I will say below as constructive advice.

Second, I was not at the game but you allowed comments on 6 pitches in a row? Shame on you! One, mabey two, but 6. On the third I would have called "time" and put and end to it.

From what you reported here, you did not give a good description of the manner in which he reported the changes to you, which he is supposed to do anyway. I agree, yelling is not apppropriate however, was there more said then just yelling the changes.

OK, say up to this point he is totally wrong. You eject him and because he states that he does not want to see you again, you call the game? Seems like you over-reacted. You just threw the coach out of the game, did you expect him to invite you over the house for dinner later? You need to develope a little tougher skin here. Again, I am being constructive here.

Now after the game did you go home and immediately file a detailed report about this. Where I work, that report HAS TO BE filed within 24 hrs. I would then follow it up with a report about the incident at the club, if indeed you did not bring the incident about by being there, knowing the coach was there too.

So in summary, you put the coaches on the offensive right from the beginning, you did'nt control the game when you had to and when things got a little out of hand, you over-reacted. Also, have you filed the report yet?

I am not condoning the coaches action in anyway, especially if he knew you and how many years experience you had. I just hope that mabey you realize that there is a different approach to handling situations like this.

Just my opnion.