View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 05:21am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Got a call today from the state office to talk a little about the incident. The person was completely supportive and basically said that if the school doesn't suspend the coach, then the state will.
Good stuff.

Quote:
Second, could I have gone to the timer to ask if he had definite knowledge of how much time was on the clock when the whistle blew? Could I have used his information to change the clock if he knew that more than a second ran off?
Chuck,

I think if you have definite knowledge of the timing, then make the call and not solicite the opinion of the minor officials. If you were not sure, then use your P, then the table. Then I'd be upset at myself for not knowing the timing.

Quote:
First, I obviously should have brought the coaches together for an explanation before announcing the ruling.
A quick explanation though. The coach will likely be more agitated than in the tunnel when you're standing there telling him his season is over. I might even use a line like, "Coach, I wish I could help you, but the rule doesn't permit me to extend the game."