View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 06:40am
Huck Finn

OK, I lied. Who are you anyway? You said this "breakthrough" could be the future of the game? That is funny. I was doing a jump stop properly more than 10 years ago (when the knees were younger and I could stop on a dime) and I didn't invent the move. Even though two steps isn't really accurate when discussing traveling, when you do a proper jump stop you do not have a pivot. Your jump stop done the right way is your "two steps." Maybe someone else can help me here but doing a jump stop off of one foot isn't easy. It is easier to actually do it off of two. I just tried to practice it in the isle. Good thing I work early and nobody else was here. Anyway, when you end the dribble "two steps" are allowed because the first foot down is considered the pivot and after the next step that pivot doesn't return to the floor. So if you examine the jump stop it isn't all that different.

When done properly both feet hit the floor and you can't have a pivot because in a sense the jump stop was "two steps" and picking up a foot and putting it down again would be a third.