View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 08, 2001, 08:14am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb Growing pains

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris23
...The only observation i can think of me not getting better games it that i am just not liked, I know it is not my umpiring skills, I have positive things said about me frequently at league mettings by many coaches. I feel I am at the bottom of the barell, I love umpiring dearly, I have looked foward to almost all of the games i had to do except for the past ten weeks in which i started to hate it and dread going to do games. I was never even confronted by my boss thanking me for doing and covering these games for him. If anyone knows of any organization in the NYC area please let me now and also tell me what you think I should do because i am seriously considering leaving this organization, thanks
Chris23,
I think the majority of sports officials can feel your pain.
We've been in similar situations and await our chance to move up.
You sound like you are doing everything right and are deserving of a pat on the back.
Have you approached your "boss" and asked what you need to do, and showed that you are willing to do whatever it takes to move up?
Find out what it will take before you make a split from the organization. Maybe it is only time that you need.
Hang in and hold on.
mick