View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with Skahtboi about hydrating several days in advance. 10-12 glasses of water a day for the two days in advance.

On the night before, I will put Gatorade in the freezer so it is rock solid. If you are travelling, this might not be possible, but I would still get it as cold as possible. In the SC sun, a solid 64 oz Gatorade melts at about the rate I need to drink it.

I'm not much into the special underwear items or the amonia water. I wear two cotton t-shirts and bring enough so that I have two fresh ones for every game. Yes, I have section of my equipment bag just for t-shirts. But fresh socks and t-shirts for every game is very well worth the trouble for me.

And lastly... make sure you rest on your game off. If you are on the two on/one off rotation, get cool. I was at a state ASA tourney once where the "umpire room" was also the equipment shed. 100+ outside and we are in an equipment shed with no A/C. On my game off, I would go get in my car and drive around just to have the A/C going.

Best of luck. The folks over there are great and you will have a blast. (I've got family there. If anyone offers you a PBR before breakfast, tell him that his cousin Dan said hey.)