View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 06, 2001, 04:00pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
If this procedure wasn't established, each time a team scored they could grab the ball, inbound it and score, over and over again.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark PadgettAre you serious? Would you really let this happen if this wasn't in the case book? Of course not. If you felt they were doing it on purpose, you would call a T every time they tried to do it before they got anywhere near scoring.
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRefI didn't say I would let it happen. I said it could happen. The documentation is in the book for that purpose. If I'm so wrong, why don't you tell us what the purpose of the play is Mr. Smarty Britches?

The purpose of the play is irrelevent as to why it's in the casebook. The reason it's in there is because someone on the NF rules committee had it happen in a game and didn't know what to do, so he made up a specific penalty in case it happened to him again, so he could say "AHA, Gotcha". This is how most cases get into the book.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef That's for Juulie. She doesn't like the infield fly rule for some reason.
Personally, I think it's easier to understand than the correctible error litany. Next time I see Juulie, I'll explain the infield fly rule to her, with pictures and everything!

[Edited by Mark Padgett on Jul 6th, 2001 at 04:05 PM]