View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 28, 2005, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

I run a church league, and this year every team seemed to have a different idea on what a game ball should be. There seems to be quite a generation gap. The young teams wanted to use the super-tackified versions that are on the market, they seem like they have been dipped in honey. The old-school guys demand leather, but no matter how much we break it in, it seems very slick, and they are losing it all game.

I gotta solve this thing for next year. Here is my plan: we play (slightly modified) High School rules. We are in Michigan, so for next year I am going to purchase the EXACT brand and model ball that was used in Michigan State High School State championship games. That way no one will have any room to complain, and I can't be accused of showing favoritism (I happen to play on the team that demands leather) I have heard they use a composite, but not highly tacky ball.

Anyone have any direct knowlege of the exact ball used in the Michigan State High School championship games this year. That to me seems the fairest way to solve this problem.