View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 26, 2005, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker, you should continue to be more submissive to your assignor. As I wrote initially, your association and not your assignor might alter the NFHS rules to best meet your interest and you should try to comply with it. I never wrote officials mechanics were to be followed only by what is written by NFHS. If all of you had comprehended my original topic and re-read the inside front cover of your '2003-05 NFHS Basketball Officials Manual', you will have better knowledge.

”This basketball official’s manual is based on procedures adopted for use by groups associated with the National Federation of State High School Association (NFHS). While the basic mechanics are similar, certain details must be flexible enough to accommodate conditions in each state and to permit improvement through experimentation. Hopefully, each state association can subscribe to and support the philosophies and procedures that are outlined in this manual.”

JRutledge, your mistake was a reference that NFHS basketball officials manual procedures are only guidelines and not procedures. A guideline will guide you through steps of a policy to conduct acceptable procedures. Usually these guidelines form acceptable rules to be used. There isn’t anything rigid about NFHS Officials Pregame Protocol. More than ever, it is noncomplex and light hearted in details.