View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hardball3b
Well Guys (and ladies - I know you're out there too!); Thanks for all of your responses and views on my topic OBR vs. FED vs. NCAA. These discussion boards are a great way for us to get smarter, share points of view, and yes, vent a little. We, as umpires, are never going to change the English from driving on the wrong side of the road and we are never going to get the FED/NCAA to come down from there lofty perches. I still have not heard a VALID reason for the rules differences. Open up any book of rules differences (Roder, Childress, etc) and give me a VALID reason for that difference OTHER THAN my original exceptions, and I'll do two plates in a row for you in July. No tangents, no sidetracks, no philosphy. Just a few actual FED/NCAA rules that have an actual valid reason for being different from OBR (GarthB's #4 is not even close to being valid!) Just a few!! Baseball!! Ain't it GRAND!!
Tee and Garth are right. Some FED rules are put in place to compensate for poor officiating.

On the ABUA board not long ago, there was a whacko name rulesgeek who started a new thread every day about how FED rules were bad and how they were not reall baseball. Check it out.

http://umpire.org/modules.php?name=F...91bf1e21ecd25a