View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
If the T is opposite the Table when the timeout request was granted, the ensuing throw-in will be start at the free throw lane extended opposite the Table.

If the T is Table-side when the timeout request was granted, the ensuing throw-in will be start at the free throw lane extended Table-side.

MTD, Sr.
Is this based on anything in a rule book or a mechanics book or is this just how it is done in your area?

Z
No, there is nothing to support MTD's claim.

7-5-7 says ANYWHERE along the endline. If the throwing team requests a side, there is no rule support to deny that request.

The fact that a timeout has been granted does not mean that a switch or in the case of this play a rotation should occur.

The procedure that I described in my initial post still allows the team making the throw-in to make its throw-in from anywhere along the baseline. This procedure is applicable whether the officiating crew is a two-person or three-person crew.

Watch the NCAA Tournament games this weekend and you will see that the procedure I described will be the one will be used.

MTD, Sr.
If they have a play set up tableside and T was opposite the table you are forcing an OOB pass to use their play.

You still have not given a rule or manual citation to say the officials dictate the starting spot.

Once again there is no rule support to deny a request for a starting spot by the throwing team.