View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2005, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Andrew:

It seems you have come up with a choice. One alternative is honest and forthright, the other is dishonest, deceptive and rat-like. Your reputation, conscience, and the example that you set for your youthful players and parents are on the line; and I am not being melodramatic. The influence coaches have can be tremendous and their actions often have consequences, or rewards, that outlive them.

One alternative obviously may not always work. It relies on you being straightforward and on the experience and openness of others. The other alternative is sold much like how "Pleasure Island" was sold to Pinnochio.

I understand that it is tempting to take the sleazy way. At lower levels the honest alternative may be successful only half the time, and being deceptive may get you temporary gains more often than that. But sometimes doing the right thing is part of the reward of doing the right thing.

Your earlier posts did not show signs of a Rat mentality, but then when offered a small bit of cheese by a big Rat, you went for it pretty quickly. I hope my first impression of you was not mistaken.

[Edited by GarthB on Mar 21st, 2005 at 01:31 PM]