View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2005, 02:37am
Official Forum Member

Fanboy mode on:

I was glad that Coach Fox took a T there. I thought that he had a point that Illinois was being allowed to play more physical defense under the basket than Nevada throughout the first half.
The last two trips merely highlighted that in his mind. The calls were probably both right though. He was merely fighting for his team.
I didn't like that the Lead came and got him when the T seemed to have it handled. The complaint was far more about the T's no call on the other end when he was the L than the new Lead's call that was just made.

Fanboy mode off:

I'll have to watch the tape again to see who did exactly what, but I did find it interesting that Nevada had both Ken Ditty and Mike Kitts for both games.
Since the pod system allows teams from different Regionals to play at the same first round site, I would think that a good NCAA policy would be to have the officials only see a team once on the first weekend with the guys who do a 2nd round game working the teams from the other Regional than the one they had in the 1st round.