Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by QuebecRef87
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
I just don't get it.

I use Google on a daily basis. In fact, I reply on it to do my job at times.

However, what it the big deal with Gmail?

My Yahoo! account
  • is free

• has 250 MB of storage

• is fast and friendly

• removes 99.99% of spam (I get next to no spam whatsoever - like 1 message a month)

• has hosted my account for God knows how long

• Why are people jumping ship?

Ohh... they're the Hotmail users. Sorry, my bad.
    I don't see any good point here. Gmail beats it all . How can you be so positive about Yahoo mail's spam blocking if you receive only 1 spam a month? Gmail also has spam blocking, though I don't receive any spam so I don't know how effective it is.

I think people are "jumping ship" only because they know Google is an excellent company and that now that they've launched an email service, everyone wants to try it; but registration is on an invitation-only basis, so only a relatively few people can currently sign up.
    I've had a yahoo.ca address for an incredibly long period of time. My e-mail address is out there. God knows it's on tonnes of mailing lists. It doens't bother me because I can handle one spam message per month. That's friendly.

I never have a problem logging in. The switching between mailboxes, address book, etc, is always fast.

I guess people have different needs. 250 MB is way more than what I need. On occasion, I will receive a large attachment or two. I once got up to 7% of my account used.

Do you really think that Gmail has 1 GB set aside for each account? Or perhaps they advertise that knowing that most people won't use it?

I don't know if they have 1GB set aside for everyone but right now I'm using 89megs of storage, and I have uploaded big files, mainly powerpoint presentations for school, the most I've ever had was 150megs, and it worked well. I like gmail.