View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 19, 2005, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Second, the level of play didn't seem all that much better than the good girls' programs around where I am. Lots and lots of turnovers and missed FTs.

It'd be pretty fun to have the MA playoffs on TV. (Not that you'd be seeing me, but I'd like to see the guys who work it.) Just sharing.
Chuck -- it's sad but true the overall level of girls play here in FL is not good. There are some good teams and some great players, but there's not much popularity with the youth and jr. programs for the girls down here -- so too often the first time a lot of girls play organized ball they are on the Freshman or JV team at the High School. I helped with a middle school after school programs several years ago, we just ran the kids through drills and had little 5 on 5 scrimmages two days a week. It was fun for me to recognize one of the girls I had in that progam in a college game I worked up in Georgia this year.

As far as the TV goes it is neat to watch guys and gals you know work the finals. I got to work at the finals this year, but had a boys semi-final game, and Sun Sports only puts the championship games on TV. But I'm not complaining, I had a great game with a great crew and a possible once in a lifetime chance to be there.