View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 18, 2005, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I'm visiting my dad in Florida at the moment and was trying to catch a little of the NCAA's. At a break in the UCONN game, I flipped channels and found a broadcast of the Florida 6A Girls State HS Championship game. It was interesting for 2 reasons.

First, it went to triple OT; and was the first Florida championship game to last that long. Second, the level of play didn't seem all that much better than the good girls' programs around where I am. Lots and lots of turnovers and missed FTs.

Anyway, the 2-time defending state champs lost the game in the 3rd OT.

The officiating was solid, if not spectacular. A couple of no-calls that desparately needed a whistle and a couple of whistles where I asked the TV, "How can you call that while you're looking at her back?" But for the most part, the officiating was good and certainly was not a factor in the outcome.

It'd be pretty fun to have the MA playoffs on TV. (Not that you'd be seeing me, but I'd like to see the guys who work it.) Just sharing.