View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 17, 2005, 02:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ysong
some of my age long questions
#1:
is the tip of the hair (curly but not long) considered the "body" of a player? if the ball touches a player's hair only, (not the scalp), without any change in its direction and go OOB, do you consider that player is the "last touched" by the ball? does it apply to pony tail too?
I guess if you want to be really technical you could I guess. It makes no common sense in any way to do so?

Quote:
#2: A1 is holding the ball and looking for a pass, B1 sneaks up and bats A1's hand and sends the ball OOB. Let's say B1 did not touch the ball at all, so A1 is the last one touched the ball, do give the ball to B team for throw in? what if B1 touched the ball and A1's hand in the same time?
That is a judgment issue. I would not try to complicate the issue.

Quote:
#3: when you did not see who's hand realy touched the ball last, do you usually use the direction of the ball and the motion of players hand at that moment to judge the call, if it seems appearent? or you usually give them a jump ball?
Again another judgment issue. I would not nit pick every call like this. I really think going to the AP arrow is usually bad if every situation you are trying to figure out whether a nail touches the ball last. Get in position and call what you see. If you are completely screened, then either get into position to make the call next time or ask for help. Do not use the AP arrow just because you "think" someone might have touched the ball. You better be totally clueless as to what happen before you use that method.

Peace