Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
You always have the teams like Maryland, ND, or close mid-majors that get left out and you have these small conferences or upset conf. tournament winners as 13th-16th seeds.

Why not have play in games for all the 13th thru 16th seeds. That gives more deserving teams a shot and adds a better chance of upsets in the first round by putting 64 quality teams into the field.
I think they call that the NIT.
What are the most exciting games of the first round? 5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, and 8 vs 9 so why not have REAL games in the 4 vs 13, 3 vs 14, 2 vs 15 and 1 vs 16 too?

You're saying 13 v 16, 14 v 15, 1 v 4, 2 v 3 in the first round?
No I'm saying make the bottom teams that are road kill for the top seeds play at-large teams to earn the 13th-16th seeds.

So instead of NC beating Oakland/Alabama A&M winner by 40 you might see them playing a team that missed the field. You'd get the best 64 in and have competitive games all the way through the seedings and not just from 5 vs 12 to 8 vs 9.
I don't think we need a larger field of teams.

IMO they should just invite 32 teams but that will never happen. But it would eliminate the road kill games.