Thread: double teaming
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I just finished working a number of dates for a league that uses similar rules, Teamball. My suggestion would be to get a league person, such as the site supervisor, or the league president, to specifically spell out the plays you describe, and what's legal and what's not. In the league I worked, they had a special exception for an isolation play, where the defense could step in and "help" if the isolated player got past her defense. Most of these kinds of leagues have their own agreements and discussions about rules and we here aren't going to be able to give you the kind of yes or no that you want. You'll have to ask someone in your own organization.

By the way, I disagree somewhat with some of the others that have posted here about not likingthese rules. I can see the advantage in having this kind of league for younger, less experienced players. It IS an adjustment for the refs, since they aren't used to keeping track of the defense and distribution, but I think there's value in the way the girls have to focus on fewer things, and work more on the fundamentals. It seems to only take about one season for them to be ready to move up to "full floor" ball. At least, that's the way it seems to work around here.