Thread: double teaming
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Re: These dumb rules.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
If you teach players how to dribble, pass and shoot the ball properly, you will not need any of these stupid rules. This is one of the reasons I hate working these games. There are so many of these rules that just make no sense. When I was a kid we did not play under these dumb rules. If you teach fundamentals it is not going to matter whether a kid is double teamed, they will know what to do with the ball or when to give it up.

Peace
I worked a tourny with some similar rules to what Teamball described. No full court defense except for under 1 minute in each half, no zone defense, etc.

Figuring out when a rebound is under control of one team and getting their opponents to clear the backcourt is not what I want to be watching for all day. However, that is easier than deciding if a team is playing proper defense in the midst of all the loose balls, fumbled dribbles, slow passes, and disorganized offenses.

I agree. Dumb rules to worry about. I understand some of the reasons for these rules, but for the most part wish they were not there.