View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

jonwill57,

When it all boils down, we (my referee brotheren) really want to see good basketball and we really don't care who wins. If you saw something different, I wasn't there so I can't speak. Maybe you witnessed a 1 in a 1000 ref who did as you say.??? If I was a betting man, I'd bet not.

Here's an example for you: Missouri State Class 5A game this weekend. Poplar Bluff vs Vashon (USA Today had Vashon as #1 in nation ((even though no other publication agreed)) ) Poplar Bluff has 6'10" Tyler Hansbrough who is going to be a TarHeel next year. As a neutral observer, I thought Vashon beat the crap out of him. I ran into a friend who was there cheering Vashon and he stated that he thought they allowed Tyler to get away with alot. 1 game and yet 2 different people with 2 different obervations. As a neutral observer, I was there for the basketball so it was no big deal to me. Do you see where I'm going? Everyone has there own agendas and they will oftentimes see what they want to see and they will be convinced that that's what they saw.

BTW, Poplar Bluff won by 14 and Hansbrough is ready for D1.