View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2001, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by rpwall
In NCAA Men's and NFHS, the Trail would administer the throw-in. The Trail should get the thrower-in positioned properly, then back up to a normal or close to normal T position before bouncing the ball to the thrower-in. That way the T is not backing out while the ball is live. On sideline throw-ins, the L should be wide ... but will need a good angle on post-play with the ball coming in that low.

In NCAA Women's, the Lead would administer the throw-in on the sideline below the free throw line extended. T would assume his/her normal position and chop the clock.

You are correct! There are a few possibilities though. I know in AZ we are using the Women's mechanics and the Lead would be able to bounce the ball in, however...you may pregame it so the Trail comes down and bounces it. Also, if the trail does it, he/she can take the "Center" spot as long as in your pregame you let each other know and that way the "real" center doesn't slide up to trail. The same as if you are center and the Lead comes over...you aren't required to go to trail until you release the play. It is ok to have two centers (temporarily)...but not to have two trails!

Just my two cents...

My two sense!