View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2005, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Hey monfanz, not a bad bit of work for a "punk a$$ kid"!

I agree! From the description your calls were correct and you handled yourself professionally.

To reinforce what Junker & Indy said, at this & other levels of rec ball, I keep coaches on a very short leash right from the beginning. Be fair but firm - warn at the first transgression, but penalize immediately if they again step over the line. Catch it early and you greatly minimize the potential for problems later in the game.

Hopefully you followed up with a written report to your assignor or whoever runs the league of both coaches behavior, and in particular the comments of the a$$istant....people with that attitude & obvious lack of knowledge of the game have no business coaching youth sports.
Thanks for the reinforcement...I went home last night feeling like crap because I didn't let the kids decide the game. As far as a short leash, I normally have one, especially in non-varsity games. But like I said before, up until the 1st intentional foul, there was not a problem from anyone! The explosions were completely unexpected.

Junker, as far as reporting the fouls in proper order..I still haven't had the chance to report anything. Like I said, the Ts happened before I could even get to the table to report the intentional..I never got to the table. When the ejection and subsequent forfeiture happened, my partner and I just got off the court.