View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2005, 11:23am
MABO Member

well if you want to know one where we completed full regulation time it was 47 minutes. 4 fouls in whole game not one free throw required. Well played and disciplined teams.
My shortest game I have ever been involved in was only 2 and a half minutes. I was assigned to a game where the coach was a known complainer. I am well known to not take any crap from these guys. As my partner and I entered the floor area we see this guy and his team dunking during warm ups (thats right the coach was on the floor dunking) well there is his first T. We shot up the free throws and go start play, meanwhile I could tell he was still unhappy because I could hear him grumbling but not any disturbance yet. Two minutes in and one of his guys goes up for a block and full body contact knocks the other player to the floor. I got a personal foul and we will be shooting 2. As I administer the FT he shouts out "thats the way this game is gonna be, a couple of BS refs making BS calls". Enough said "WHACK" theres the door coach and since you dont have anyone else on the bench to take over, game is done, you lose. Visiting team doesn't complain about it. We all pack up our gear and walk out. I wrote a report about it ( its mandatory that the head official write up ejections)and was told I did the right thing. Funny thing is this guy hasn't been coaching anymore either. Last I noticed a parent was on the bench.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.