View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

I also found this:

Section 3. Indirect Technical Fouls
The following shall result in an indirect technical foul to be charged to a team (coach), player or, in the case of a substitution, to that individual.
Art. 1. Delay of game. A team shall not delay the game. Delay of the game shall include, when the game clock is not running:
a. Consuming a full minute by not being ready when it is time to start either half or any extra period;
b. Failure to supply scorers with data per Rule 3-3;
c. Repeatedly delaying the game by preventing the ball from being promptly put in play, such as delaying the administration of a throw-in or free throw by engaging in a team huddle any place on the playing court.
1. One warning shall be given to a team that fails to comply; an indirect technical foul shall be assessed thereafter.
d. Failing to remove chairs/stools immediately after the warning signal of any timeout and to complete cleanup before the final warning signal alerts all personnel that play is going to resume.
1. One warning shall be given to a team that fails to comply; an indirect technical foul shall be assessed thereafter.

So it appears to me that there are TWO specific warnings in NCAA play as opposed to the three that can be given under NFHS rules.
Again, this is news to me, so please help me understand this better, if I don't have it exactly right.