View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

In Utah there is a school called West Desert High School. It literally is in the middle of nowhere. If you look at a map of Utah, look for Wendover on the Utah/Nevada border. Then go due south about 90 miles and you'll find a spot called Trout Creek. This is where the school is located. Total school population K-12 is 74 students.

Every year for the first home game of the season (just before Thanksgiving) they have a fundraising turkey dinner for the Women and Men's basketball program.

Win or loss the referee's are just shy of being ordered (I had to fight the principal to pay for mine) to come and get a plate of food and enjoy. We spend the time talking with the fans there and they (even with a loss) still take the time to thank us for coming all this way (3,3-1/2 hours one way) and calling the game.

These folks are the salt of the earth and I wouldn't hesitate for one second to sit in the middle of the room with them.