View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 02:21pm
M.A.S.H.

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Of course, here in central IL we are blessed with several towns that have unusual names. Close by, there are the Fisher Bunnies. Yep, even the football team uses that. Then a little further south is the Teutopolis Wooden Shoes (former Dutch community), and don't forget about the Hoopeston Corn Jerkers. In fact, Thad Motta, the current Ohio State coach, is a former Corn Jerker. (Or can you ever be a "former" Corn Jerker?)
M&M & mikesears,

Talking about T-town and Effingham. Wow, didn't expect to see that on the forum today! I'm about an hour from them, I'm in Robinson.

Another one around the T-town/Effingham area would be the Charleston Trojans. Not so much a funny name, but actually I believe they were playing Effingham. Anyways, during lineups everyone in the Effingham student section pulls out a Trojan condom and throws it on the floor. The whole section was cleared. And of course during playoff time or big games the opposing team always as the "Trojans bust under pressure" signs or something along those lines.