View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 01:13am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bradfordwilkins
A1 is dribbling on offense with his back to B1. He reaches his non-dribblign hand around and hooks B1, pushing off and locking off a path to the basket.

I've got a foul on A1, but is this a player control? Or a push? The reason I'm curious is what happens if its a bonus situation. Player control they wouldn't shoot. A push they would.
Anytime a foul is committed by a player in control of the ball, it is a PC foul. It is just that simple. Now if they have passed off the ball then foul you just have a common foul. If a player has shot the ball, they are still can commit a PC foul until they come back to the floor (by rule).

Quote:
Originally posted by bradfordwilkins
Also a funny note on player control fouls, in one of my games today had A1 jump right into a defender who was not only in legal guarding position but also completely set in their spot way before take-off. Easy player control call. A1 comes down the court yelling at me that B1 didn't fall down. I couldn't help but laugh and bite with the question - What does that have to do with anything? He let me know that I can't call a charge unless the guy falls down. I smile and let him know I've never heard that rule, but its irrelevant because I called a player control foul, not a charge .

I would not say a player needs to fall, but I would like to see some kind of advantage from the contact before I make a call. But that does not mean that did not take place in your game.

Peace