View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 03:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Has anyone else had a similar experience mingling with the fans after a game? Should I have gone with my first instinct and left, so there wouldn't be any problems? Or should I feel guilty about my guilt, and just enjoyed the moment more?

Oh, I should mention, the home team won by 30 in case that has any affect on the answers...
This past football season we had a non-conference game where one team was from Indiana and the home team fixed the visiting team a meal for after the game. They asked us to join them. So my crew did and everyone was thankful and nice to us. No one made any big stick of calls or anything. Most of the questions were about where we lived and how long we had been officiating. Everyone was extremely nice. The home team did win in a blowout.

I also did a basketball game just a few weeks ago and one of my partners and I went out to eat. I we both had our girlfriends with us and my partner had a relative with him as well. We were approached by some fans and they were nothing but nice. Usually I do not go to a place in town, but we were both far from home. The home team lost that game in overtime and it was an emotional game on senior night. Of course there were only a couple of fans that approached us, but there were no problems.

Peace