View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Lanier S. Gwinette

Quote:
Originally posted by South GA BBall Ref

tomegun: I assume that you are in the ATL area. By chance, did youget out to see any of the games in Gwinette on Wednesday? If so, I was in the Sandy Creek-Tucker matchup. If you saw the game, give me your opinion on the officiating.

I was there for that game and the "inadvertant" whistle at the end of regulation with 5.6 seconds definitely sticks out in my mind. We were trying to figure out what it was for and after putting 2&2 together I came to the conclusion that the Tucker player was calling for a timeout while Sandy Creek had the ball. The official blew his whistle and I'm guessing realized that it was a Tucker player calling timeout. Luckily it didn't impact the end of the game because Sandy Creek turned the ball over. Is this what happened or was it something else?

The technical called on the Tucker guard was a good call (taunting) and the following technical on the coach probably made the game alot easier to manage! Tucker's coach thinks he's a ref during most of his games and forgets to actually "coach" his team. What did the Sandy Creek player say to get a technical?

I would have more for you but I've seen and refereed alot of basketball since Wednesday and it's all running together!