View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 23, 2001, 09:55pm
Official Forum Member

Don,
In league play, I'll let each team tell the other team about any subs. The subs will report in, to me as PU, and I'll head several steps towards the dugout and ask the base coach to let their opponents know about the change. We're much more relaxed in league play than when we're in a tournament - at least most tournamnts. In a tournament, if there are no lineup cards, we make sure that it's known at the pre-game that the home team has the official book and that the other team's book may be used to verify the home team's if we have a problem. In your game, Don, I'd have asked the defensive team to tell me exactly why they thought they had a BOO situaton. If a team approached me stating that their opponents were BOO, I'd stop, ask the protestors to see their records book and then tell the other team to sverify that the books matched. In your game, you had lineup cards and, I'll assume, that you announced each sub and noted them. If the announced subs were then listed on the "offending" team's book but not on the protesting team's book, I'd suggest to that coach that he not bother me with his record-keeping errors or shortcomings. That way, you may go through this once with a team, but not a second time. Adult slow pitch players - and I'll gran you that I don't do many slow pitch games - seem to be the most lax at keeping track of who's in the game. The lower levels of men's fast pitch seem to be getting almost as lax at times. The girls' teams are almost always very meticulous at keeping lineups.