View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Everyone, let's face it. Race is still an issue in this country and the world. If you read Rut's post of the article, it references the schools' desire to compete against others more closely resembling them. In that, I conclude that the schools want to segregate themselves in order not to have to compete against majority Black schools. As we know, where there is a school competition, there is a need for officials (ie - a link to this board).

I am not sure of JRut's intent for the post, however, I feel it is a valid topic for discussion or review. For those who think the issue of race (and even gender for that matter) is not alive and well, look around and within you.

I just finished working the AA Boys' State Finals in Macon, GA this weekend, and within that, the crews for State Finals with the exception of one (an all female crew who happened to be Caucasian - and damn good officials too) was racially diversed. These games are assigned with racial balance in mind.

In conclusion, I would suggest that if the moderators of this forum deem the post worthy of not being deleted, then read and respond to those that you like and not condemn the poster. As theboys said, open dialogue on race is needed and can be a building block for understanding cultural differences.

For the record of those who may wonder my race, I'm of the Human Race.