View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 04:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

In one of my playoff games the other night, we called enough fouls to put both teams in the two-shot bonus in both halves. The game was very physical and all we did hear most of the night was complaining from coaches and players.

If the NCAA and state associations do not like the way the game is called, then hire people that follow those guidelines. Then do not reward officials that are not following those guidelines regardless of experience level. But we know that will not happen because there is a huge reluctance to give newer officials a chance. And the newer officials do not get a change if they are not going to do what is common. I am not talking about minor things, but major issues this addresses. The NCAA uses the tournament games to show what should be done and what should not be done. If they do not like the things they see, why do they keep advancing certain officials deep into the tournament. I can say the very same thing at the HS level (at least around here). Officials only do what we are told and what we are allowed to do. We do not make the rules or reprimand ourselves if we do not follow them.

Peace