View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
From the article:

"This wasn't Mr. Chaney's first such incident. He's choked and threatened to kill opposing coaches, and after a frustrating loss last year, he even declared that he would beat some of his players if he had a baseball bat. Despite such charming manners, he has a high reputation in college hoops. It helps that he's won more than 700 games in his career, a place in the Hall of Fame and the undying admiration of his players.

Even Mr. Ingram, whom Mr. Chaney called a "goon," said that he supports his coach. "He's like a father to me," he told reporters, "and my father called me worse things than that." True, the 6-foot-8, 250-pound forward may not wish to antagonize the man who still controls his playing time. But if history is any guide, Mr. Ingram will be singing his coach's praises long after he's left Temple for a career in criminal justice."

Unbelievably sad and discouraging. We are raising our children to believe that physical and emotional violence are a good way to carry our lives forward and that winning is all that matters.