View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

This being me last intramural season, I'd thought I reflect on some "gems" from this past year, which I had my worst game ever last week in the playoffs:

Both teams are running their mouths from the start, as well as one team's fans in the breezeway watching the game. A1 is driving to the basket and B1 jumps in front and bodies into him then blocks the ball and I call a push. As I report my foul I then goto trail (2-man)opposite table (we use the old high school mechanic here) when I see a player A5 on the bench rubbing his fists in front of his eyes as if cleaning them then glares wide eyed at me. He then proceeds to repeat this a few more times...WHACK!. The game calms down for a bit then we goto half time. 2nd half and team B is blowing out white be about 20, player B7 is called for a foul and then proceeds to yell "GOSH DARN IT that not a foul!" then looks over and goes "FINE give me a technical foul!"...WHACK. Before I can report the foul he flips me off...WHACK 2nd Tech and inform him he is ejected. He then proceeds to stand on the sideline as our supervisor is arriving and lets loose a loud, long string of profanities "THIS IS MF BS...this is BS...etc." WHACK. We give him a 3rd Tech and he quiets down and the supervisor arrives and begins filling out the ejection paper work for this player. Later, the ball goes out of bounds off A so I call "B" and as a player for team B comes to take the ball for the throw in A7 looks at me and goes "Are you sure?!" in a sarcastic tone then proceeds to give me a 'you're dismissed' handwave and starts heading back down the floor to get on defense...WHACK! A7 goes to the sideline and begins to put his street clothes on. The fans on the breezeway begin laying into me harder than before when the supervisor tells them if they say anything else he doesn't like, they're out of the gym; they quiet down. Then, with 50 seconds left to play, I hear the player A7 say, "HEY, what time do you get off work!"...WHACK. I report the ejection and then look at the clock to see 50 seconds left and B up by about 20 and call the game.

After the game, a man in a suit who was watching the game came up to me and said "Hey, I admire the b*lls you have to call all those. No one deserves to take all that."

And because of their low sportsmanship ratings, neither team advanced in the playoffs.

6 Techs, 2 Ejections...I don't think any game can get worse then that.