Thread: Happy ending
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 03:45am
Official Forum Member

AAR, I think that your partner was Ron Thompson, not Ron Peterson.

tomegun, You are a STUD!!!!!!!! Getting the Catholic League Final in just your second year back there is big. Although, you have been a college quality official for a while, but just lived in the wrong area. It is all coming to you now. Put me in the category that knows you fully deserved to be there.
There is no question that the game you did this year is better than any game in NV. Having seen both, I can assure you of that. I'm curious who your partners were though. Email me that info, if you think it is appropriate.

Sounds like you did some real work on that game and that it was a challenge to officiate. Congrats.

My three state games out here went fine. I had a boys and a girls 2A semi as well as the 1A girls final.
People were wondering if my whistle worked in the championship game because I didn't call a foul until there was 1:57 left in the 4th quarter! It wasn't a big deal though, since my partners only called six in the first half. The game just didn't necessitate many whistles. It was a close, finesse game in which nothing in my area warranted a foul, and I wasn't going out of my primary just to have a whistle. In fact, if I had gone the whole game without calling a foul that would have been just fine with me.