Thread: Need some help
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 01, 2005, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

In my area, umpire assignments are largely based on the test scores of the Federation Exam Part II. Over the last few years, I have become convinced that a few of our umpires have access to this test in advance. They always score 99-100 yet some of them are dumber than rocks.

Our president and commissioner swear that this test is only given on a certain day nationwide and that no one has advance access. The commissioner says that he picks up the exam on the morning of the test and that no one sees it. This year it's being given to our umpires on March 14. I have searched the Internet and have not been able to find a copy of the exam but I'm convinced that somewhere, some how, the president and his buddies get an advanced copy. I have brought this up to our president and he brushes me off and tells me to go study. I usually get about 95 on the exam but that's only good enough for leftovers in my association.

To prove my point, could someone direct me to the place online where this test is published. If you don't want to do that, could you publish 4 or 5 questions here so that I have absolute proof that the exam has been compromised for my president.

Do any of you take this test prior to March 14? If you do, then that may be where some of our umpires are getting the exam. If you take it prior to March 14, could you give your name and exact location. Better yet, prove it here by listing a few questions.

I'm ready to quit umpiring high school baseball over this issue. I know that I'm competing against a stacked deck but can't prove it. Please help.